About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Does this make me a bigot?

According to World Net Daily (with a tip of the hat to Drudge)
Civil rights activist and NAACP Chairman Julian Bond delivered a blistering partisan speech at Fayetteville State University in North Carolina last night, equating the Republican Party with the Nazi Party and characterizing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her predecessor, Colin Powell, as "tokens."
I vividly remember elderly people in my building, when I was a kid living in Brooklyn, who had numbers tatooed on their arms. I was told in a quiet voice that they had been in the "Camps". They were victims on the most horrible activity that any group of homo sapiens ever inflicted on mankind. I cannot bring myself to call the Nazi's human.

The Nazis killed 6 million Jews, about 6 million other innocents in their "camps" They brutally experimented on men women and children. Many were sumarilly shot simply for the crime of being Jewish.

How dare Mr.Bond compare the Republican Party to these animals. By doing so he cheapens his entire movement. I see no commonality, nor would I expect any person with a shred of human decency.

If by some accident Mr. Bond reads this, I have this message:

You sir are indeed the bigot. By simply cheapening the dreadful activities of the Nazis, you indicate that you have no soul and no compassion. Sir, Shame on you. You discredit all who fought for the civil rights that you dishonor.