About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

And on the lighter side... There's always PETA

Just when I was thinking that I was geting too bellicose, I came across a fascinating article about PETA. People for Ethical Treatment for Animals.

Apparently some months ago the jolly folks at PETA compared the Holocaust to our slaughterhouses:

New York, NY, October 14, 2003…The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) continued its denunciation of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for its "Holocaust on Your Plate" project for trivializing the murder of six million Jews and called its appeal for approval by the Jewish community "outrageous, offensive and taking chutzpah to new heights." The PETA exhibit was unveiled in New York City's Duffy Square, the heart of the theater district.

Funny thing - the ADL took offense. I wonder why???

Now the potential rocket scientists, brain surgeons and humanist philosophers compared Slavery to our slaughterhouses, showing pictures of African-American Slaves juxtaposed with Cows being butchered. According to the article that is linked at the title to this post:

However, officials with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People aren't buying it.
"PETA operates by getting publicity any way they can," said John White, an NAACP spokesman. "They're comparing chickens to black people?"

OK, they tried Jews and Blacks - who do you suppose is next? I can hardly wait to see pictures of gay-bashers next to a picture of Col. Sanders.

AS much as I dislike the PC trend, when I read articles about these morons, I understand why PC can be needed. We need a counter-group! I recommend that the group be named People Eating Tasty Animals!