About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Who is John Galt?

If you recognize the title of this blog, more power to you. If you don't, Please read the Political Philosophy classic, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand painted a population peopled by those who felt that life had dealt them an unfair hand and they deserved a piece of the pie -- anybodys pie. I believe the phrase is

"From each according to his ability to each according to his need."

Beautiful, mind numbing words -- Karl Marx sure can spin 'em?

The latest assault by the Looters is this medium - the Blogosphere. It appears that women and minorities are underrepresented in the population of bloggers. Where that statistic comes from I have no idea -- but Steven Levy made the point in a recent newsweek column. (Note to Dave - I believe he's a cousin). If Newsweek says it, it MUST be true. Oh yes, it is also stated somewhere that the right of center point of view is more represented than the left of center -- I guess they never read Moveon.org.

What they want to do is legislate an appropriate answer. Bloggers, even smallfry like me will have to link to appropriate websites to give you poor ignorant fools a chance to be exposed to the politically correct attitudes.

OK, I damnit - I'm a politically incorrect boor. To quote the great american anthem - Draft Dodger Rag:

"I believe in God and Senator Dodd and Keeping Ole' Castro down"

So - heres the thing. I invite my readers to reply with the URLs of Blogs that they feel we need to share to educate us properly. I'll collect them and post them in a page we can all read while silenty chanting Kumbaya! The prize for the most unique one will be a lifetime subsctiption to Belowthefold.us.