About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Liberal America? Yeah right

When I returned home from a tour of duty in Southeast Asia there was a "squadron" of hippies waiting for us at San Francisco Airport. The names they called us were horrid. The signs were disgusting. There were some police guarding them from us. I went up to the police sergeant and offered to buy him and his men coffee if they could just leave us alone with these creeps. He replied, "I only wish I could."

I got home and I was told to "take off the uniform and forget it ever happened". I tried to go back to college in New York and was called a "baby killer" by a professor -- in class!

The liberal wing of the democratic party is staffed by the same people who degraded us when we came home. Their lies have become truisms. I've been told that the harassment and spitting never happened. I was there. It happened.

Look at the people supporting Barack Obama - They were there also - just on the other side of the police line.

There is a simmering anger among many of our vets that will not go away, ever.