About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Victimhood

I'm so sorry that I'm white. or at least that i've been white since the civil rights act of '64. Before that law, the phrase was White people and Jews. Well I'm now officially white - Boy am I happy.

I grew up in Brooklyn in the 50's. WWII was not that distant. There were still many people in the neighborhood that had numbers tattooed on their arms. Hey - That entitles me to yell and scream "I'm a Victim." The World hates me because I'm Jewish. I deserve to be treated better. If someone offends me then I have the right, no - the obligation, to burn down their house.

The Religion of the perpetually offended is prepared to go to war over cartoons. Well, How about Shylock in the Merchant of Venus? How about Fagin in Oliver Twist. look him up in Wikipedia and you'll read

"Fagin is noted for being one of the few Jewish characters of 19th century literature, let alone any of Dickens' pieces. Fagin has been the subject of much debate over antisemitism. In an introduction to a 1981 Bantam Books reissue of Oliver Twist, for example, Irving Howe wrote that Fagin was considered an "archetypical Jewish villain."

How about the cartoons such as the one at the left? How about the Palestinians bring back the old nonsensical accusations of Blood Libel - "Jews use the Blood of Christian Children to make their matzo". Or the accusations this week about the Israeli's throwing Palistinean children in Ovens?

OK, whats the point that I'm trying to make? All of you victims -- Get Over it!

As long as you bask in White Guilt or refusing to take the blame for your own shortcomings, you are going to remain victims.
Does that statement make me a bigot, racist or Islamaphobe, Well to quote Clark Gable "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

The American dream is phrased quite nicely in the Declaration of Independence: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. There is no guarantee of happiness. We are guaranteed the right to pursue happiness.

So lets all get off of our collective butts and get to work, get an education and stop perpetuating victim-hood!