About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Ignorance is Bliss?

I was sitting watching the news. They showed a "Computer Technician" preparing for Daylight Savings Time -- with a soldering iron. That's like preparing for a Math Test with a grilled cheese sandwich --- Huh?

I vividly remember sitting at my desk as we rang in the year 2000, watching the century change (note: it really didnt change for another year) waiting for airplanes to fall out of the sky and the world as we know it to end. Shucky darn - I still had to pay my bills.

As many of you know, i've been around computers since 1966 (yes I'm that old) I've never seen so much distortion and, yes, stupidity as I have with computers on TV and Movies -- wait - there is something more ridiculous - the TV show Numb3rs.

I have students who can kill klingons and zorks, yet they can't spell or do simple algebraic manipulation. However they are Computer wizzards. My class laughed when I asked who can do long division.

In Colorado they are trying to "force" students to take four years of math and three years of science to graduate from High School. The touchy-feely crowd is sooo upset -- what about art and music? These are the same people who call "Rap" music and a Crucifix carved out of dung art. (look it up in google if you don't believe me). These people get upset when a presidential candidate is called a "faggot" yet yawn when a political "comentator" laments that the Vice President did not get shot.

Who the hell IS John Galt, anyway!

AFTERTHOUGHT!

I woke up this morning and glanced at my watch. It was 7:30. This is about the time I usually get up on the weekends. I made some coffee and sat down at my computer to check the news. Oh My G-D - The computere time is off, or ... Hey the world is not coming to an end. My computer has the right time, my watch doesn't.

I hope that technician with the soldering iron has the same results my Mac did.