About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Sam Alito

When I was in college I was active in the Civil Rights struggle (It was the 60's). I hung around with a group called the Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee -- commonly called Snick or SNCC. SNCC was a mostly Jewish group of 18 year olds who were trying to save the world. SNC degraded eventually into the Weatherman Faction - a very violent revolutionary group.

Now, Would I join a similar group today, yes. I believed and still believe that all people deserve the same shot. Would I join the Weathermen? Hell no.

I also was (and still am) a member of Boy Scouts of America, the Republican Party and Veterans of Foriegn Wars. Now there are people who thing that any or all of these groups are evil. I disagree. We both have that right, however we all did things when we were young that would cause a raised eyebrow or two.

Watching the Senate degrade itself into pure stupidity was disgusting. Senator Kennnedy does not belong in a position of public trust.

We have embarrased ourselves in front of the entire world.