About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Some thoughts

1. I always thought that America was the land of the rugged individualist. we crossed the mountains with a musket and an axe and built a nation. Now I sit and watch the spectacle of people who are totally inept where their own safety is concerned. I was watching people standing in the rain, complaining of not having water -- It's falling from the sky you schmuck. It's the governments job to provide food, water and diapers for my baby -- Yeah right --- Planning is not some foreign concept. You live on a sliver of land with water on three sides -- Duh? It's Not the presidents fault. It's not the Governor's fault, not even the putz of a mayor - it's your fault!

2. Shrillary Clinton has decided that we need another commission to study Katrina. One of the Kennedys (it's getting hard to tell them apart) says that we need to move FEMA into a cabinet level position. YES! - we need more government beaurocracy! That will solve ALL out problems.

3. I was listening to a Lady from Minnisota asking increduluously -- 'They're moving all these people to Minnisota?' Hey remember the motto on our coins -- NIMBY (Not in My Back Yard).

4. There is a good reason why the President did not invade New Orleans. it's called the Constitution.

5. While I am a Jew and don't believe in Christ, The more I see of the Christians, the real Christians, working to aid these desperate people,, I may not believe in Christ, however I find myself believing in Christians. And they are doing it without the government telling them how to do it.

6. My friend Charlie is still holding on. He's fighting an amazing battle. Please pray for him to pass peacefully. Please pray for Gloria to have the strength to carry on through this nightmare.