About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Pure opinion. Feel free to disagree

I'm getting more and more confused lately. Let me explain. I was raised as an orthodox, east-coast Jew in the late 50's, early 60's. My family were traditional liberal Democrats, as was I. The Democratic party was the party of the little man. The Republican party was the party of the rich midwestern Christians. In all honesty, I do not think that my basic values have changed. The Democratic party sure has.

When I came home from Southeast Asia, the Democrats totally blew me away. I was condemned for doing what I did. The cracks in the democratic party armor were becoming visable. Today the cracks have become chasms.

When I watch the anti-war protests I see the same self-centered narcissistic jerks who called me a baby-killer, but it has gotten worse. The Far left has taken control of the party of JFK and Truman.

The anti-war movement has become antisemitic, anti-american and in plain english - stupid. As our national shame, Mother Sheehan has espoused, the war is basically about the Jewish occupation of Palestine and the Bush familys love of oil profits. Sadam Hussein was an American-CIA dupe who was relatively harmless. The Twin towers were brought down by the international Jewish cabal in conjunction with the Bush family. Do they really think that we are that stupid?

Two mornings a week I have an early class - I listen to talk radio on my way in. Dr. Bill Bennett has a talk show that I am fond of. He is a former Cabinet member, a PhD and one of the brightest men I have ever listened to. He is a quiet, well spoken decent man. As I was listening the other day I heard him talking with a caller. He used a reference to a recent popular book. Taken in context it was entirely non-judgemental and quite moderate, however taken out of context his statements can be questioned. I am not going to repeat them or get involved in the details. You can google them. The Loyal Opposition, however has jumped all over these comments, in spite of the fact that taken in full context they were quite reaonable. The personal comments made about Dr. Bennett are, frankly, stupid and obscene. A good man is being crucified by the liberal press.

What the hell has happened to our nation? I am seriously questioning the relevance of the left. The Deans, the California Senate contingent, the New York senate contingent -- Where are their minds?

We function at our best when we debate and respect each others opinions. Politics have become dirtier and more personal that I can remember in my nearly 6 decades.

I do not want to see one party rule. but we now have a Republican White House, a Republican Senate, a Republican House and quite probably a Republican Supreme court in the offing. Can't these fools see the writing on the wall?

We need our Democratic party back. we need it for the sake of the Republican party. Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. The statement was made by Lord Acton, a British historian of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. By destroying the Democratic party, these fools are destroying the Republic.