About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

I'm a Liberal, Really!

In the grand scheme of things I still consider myself a liberal - in the manner of JFK, RFK, HHH and my idol, Scoop Jackson. I think abortion needs public debate. I'm not really comfortable with the Death Penalty. I think that society does have a duty to care for those who need a helping hand up.

But I believe strongly that we have the right as a nation to defend ourselves. I believe strongly that there is a benefit to hearing all sides of an arguement. I do not think blindly throwing around words like Nazi is an acceptable tool for debate.

Our system has evolved into a two-party system for a reason. It used to work. The Democrats that were here before are not represented by the party of Dean, Durbin and Hillary. They have turned a once great party to a group of syncophantic powermongers with no thought of anything but themselves, and that is my opinion. Funny thing about that - if you disagree with me I welcome your input? Do they?


I guess that makes me a conservative today, doesn't it?