About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Durbin's Apology

DURBIN STATEMENT ON PREVIOUS COMMENTS REGARDING GUANTANAMO BAY

Friday, June 17, 2005


“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”

“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”

------------------------------------------------------------

The man doesn't get it. He is speaking on the floor of the United States Senate! His words carry enormous weight through out the world. He cannot go off half-cocked and then offer an anemic response - assuming all will be forgiven. With position comes responsibility and he does NOT get it. He needs to be censured by his colleagues. Please write your senators and insist that this is done. MIke Mikkelsen is covering this extremely weiil - click on the link on the right "Censor Dick Durbin" and join in!