About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Am I rich?

The Democrats have been complaining about the increasing gap between the rich and poor in this country.

A question however - How does one define rich? I live in a nice Condo, I have 2 paid for vehicles and a decent 401K - Am I rich? between my wife and myself, we really do not make a lot of money.

I have a cousin who lives in NYC. Shes a teacher and her husbands a pharmacist. Between themselves they bring down well in excess of $200,000 - rich by anyones measure. Their bills are staggering, their taxes even worse - Are they REALLY rich?

I honestly think that the left part of our society think anyones rich if they can live without accepting handouts. And, Mr. Dean - I'm a republican, I have worked hard all my life and I'm not a white Christian. (had to get that one off my chest).

We live in a meritocracy. I'm a child of poor immigrants and I live a decent life. getting rich is easy in this magnificant country -

Go to school, go to work, turn of the damn TV and read a book.

My mother had a saying - pardon the vulgarity.

"I'd shovel S__T before I'd take a handout."

Perhaps that saying might belong on the Dollar Bill somewhere?