About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

One last word

about the Pope and then I'll shut up and move on.

Curently there is a clash between the left and right. The progressives are insistant that morality is in the eye of the individual - a hangover (words intended) from the 60's -- "If it feels good, Do it" Morality is based on, according to them, what my heart tells me.

I disagree. I look to the Torah as the source of morality. I freely admit that I am nowhere near the Jew that I should be. Perhaps tomorrow I can be a bit better, and the next day... But Morality is clearly spelled out in the Torah. Our civilization is based on that morality. I also feel that Life is the one giftthat G-d gives us all. That gift is our Bond to our creator. It must be preserved and respected. We will all answer to out maker as to how we used that gift.

Pope John Paul, The Great set a consistant standard of morality. He felt that the traditional family was the cornerstone of our civilization. I am blessed to have a traditional family and I am thankful for that.

I disagreed with him on some issues, But I have to admit that his positions were clearly stated and with solid basis. I've got to respect that.

However underneath it all, the Pope, of blessed memory, spoke to me. He did not speak with his voice, however his words speak to me. His message was very simple and elegant.

If I am to be a Jew, then be one! with all it implies.

I do not believe in the Divinity of Christ, however I do believe in the touch of divinity in us all.
Pope John Paul, The Great had a very large portion of the touch we all share.

May he rest in peace.