About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

We need the Democratic party.

I'm a Republican. I've voted republican in every presidential election since Nixon in '68. (O.K. I did vote for Perot once- But I've regretted that one). I believe in small(er?) government. I believe in low taxation. I believe in respecting the rights on the individual. I feel that the Declaration of Independance cannot and should not be seperated from the Constitution in spite of its refernce to 'Their Creator'.

In spite of all this, or perhaps because of it -- I am frightened by the suicidal bent of the Democratic Party.

Our system works best with two distinct points of view. Some of our greatest presidents have been Democrats. Some of our worst have been Republican.

The recent presidential campaign was very upsetting. Instead of two opposing views. I heard One view and a vague "I have a plan" We need a strong Democratic party - if only to protect us from losing our sense of proportion.

I am looking forward to 2008. Perhaps Dr. Rice and Sen. Clinton? Two strong people with differing opinions on what is the correct direction for the country.

I make no bones about not being a Clinton fan. However I shudder at the thought of Dean, Gore or Kerry standing there with their fingers in the air sampling the wind.