About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

It ain't my fault! My sister did it

When my kids were young,they perfected the "Blame someone else" strategy for avoiding responsibility. It actually worked more than it should have. As adults, however, they look back and laugh at themselves.

As a nation, we have fallen into that trap. It ain't my fault. The evil banks made me take out a loan that I couldn't afford. The evil credit card companies made it too easy for me to collect a gazillion credit cards and accumulate a bazillion dollars in debt.

It's Bush's fault. No, it's Clinton's fault, no it's Reagan, fault. Hell it's all Carters fault.

Folks, it's our fault. We, as a nation, acted like children yelling gimme, gimme, gimme. We need to let companies fail when they act stupidly. People are going to lose houses that they should never have purchased in the first place. People will have to take jobs that are "Beneath Them". The old Chevy will have to last a bit longer.

We need to stand up and take the consequences for our actions! If we have a tough decade, let the chips fall as they might. We'll come out of it as the America we used to be.