About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Lemmings

We've all seen the Disneyesque pictures of Lemmings plunging off of the cliff. Why does that image come to mind?

96% of all mortgages are sound - so 4% are "Sub-prime". Four percent of homeowners bought into an unwise financial situation. I'm sure that many of these people also joined the Credit-card-of the-month club.

Watch TV and you get the message. Our economy is built on credit - and poor credit at that. Credit so easy a caveman could get it. I recently bought my wife an outfit for a wedding we are going to later today. It is a nice outfit and actually a bit outside of our normal buying pattern. I paid for it with my Debit card - The money was taken out of my account immediately. What a concept. However there was the ever present question - If you take out a store credit card - we can give you a discount?

Will the market tank? Will all of the lemmings on Wall Street follow themselves off of the cliff? Will my 401k lose all it's value? I've decided to ride this one out. How about you?