About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Prognostication

OK let's think about tuesday.

Right now in the house we have D- 201, R-230, I-1
In the senate the numbers are D-44, R-55, I-1

In the house, conventional wisdom is that the R's will lose the house - I think it's be a squeaker. Most Democrat polls seem to be based on a low Republican turnout. I think they will be surprised. Thank You John F'n Kerry, really!

In the senate conventional wisdom is that the Republicans will keep control, barely. I wonder, though, will Liebowitz take that walk across the Isle? Perhaps? The Dem's do not deserve him and the moderate -- (old Rockefeller republicans) will welcome him. Or will he become an I? However there is one item the Dem's do not really consider - the Veto. The Senate will not be vetoproof!

Best news - we squeek control of both houses - and the Dem's go on a rampage crying about election fraud.
Worst news - We lose both houses and the Dem's crow about the "Voice of the People", mindless about american history,again!
Most likely - the houses are split. The Dems then go on a subpeona binge assuring a Republican in '08.

If we do not keep both houses then we are looking at two years of a useless congress. Congress will be tied up in useless battles and turf-wars.

Hmmmm, 2 years with a minimally effective government. Is that a bad thing?