About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

On race


I recognize three races of man - Homo Neandertal, Homo Erectus and Homo Sapiens. I haven't seen too many neandertals or erecti (?) around lately - so we can ignore them. Now lets talk about Sapiens.

I am a Jewish-East-European-Colorado-Denver-American. I demand that I be recognized as a minority? The minority should be named -- People getting hung up on non-existant stupidity. Yes historically there has been prejudice aimed at identifyable groups. When we cater to that prejudice, the prejudice wins. We enable the victim menatlity.

I am an American, plan and simple. As 2007 approaches perhaps a national goal of dropping the hyphenated identity. We must not let someone elses idea of who we are shape our actions.

Let's all demand respect for ourselves as individuals, not some group identifyed by the morally-inept. Unless, however, you're a Neandertal or Erectus.