About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

This really bothers me

Drudge - the savant of the right - covers, as he should, the discussion over the new movie - The DaVinci Code. The church has been assuring high attendance at the movie with it's actions. I read the book and found it enjoyable, but I took it as a novel. I did not think any more or less about the church after reading it - As most of you know I'm a Jew.

I do not believe in censorship, in any way, shape, manner or form. Drudge shows a picture of the book burning. That picture offends me and horrifies me!

Heinerich Heine (1797-1856), the great German National Poet once said "Where one burns books, one will soon burn people" about one hundred years before the Nazi's had their funeral pyre for those works that they disagred with. Incidentally, Heine was born Jewish and converted to Christianity.

Burning a book, ANY BOOK deeply offends me.