About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Ann Coulter does it again.

In her latest blog, Ms. Coulter discusses the Duke University Rape Case. I think that in her distinctive manner she puts it all into perspective:

You can severely reduce your chances of having a false accusation of rape leveled against you if you don't hire strange women to come to your house and take their clothes off for money.

Also, you can severely reduce your chances of being raped if you do not go to strange men's houses and take your clothes off for money. (Does anyone else detect a common thread here?)

Short succint and to the point, as always. We have apparently gained a new constitutional right -
The Right to Party
Party meaning total innebriation and no responsibility for our actions.

I did some very dumb things when I was young. However at the risk of being called a hypocrite, They were dumb, stupid and I should have known better. That does not mean that I can look the other way when some other youth acts like I did (Many moons ago).

However, come to think of it, I never used my drunken state to revel in destruction of private property, fight with police, start bonfires in the middle of the street. Nor did my contemporaries.

Basically I find the press' fascination with the Duke incident a waste of my time and public airwaves. A bunch of foolish young people acted foolishly and now we are shaking out heads, wringing our hands and wondering where we all went wrong.