About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Is English dead?

As I was walking through my campus yesterday I overheard groups of students talking. Without exageration every third word was foul. These are college students! When I was young, using foul language around an adult - ANY adult was an instant invitation to getting a face slapped or mouth washed out.

When I raised my kids I tried to set the example. How can you compete with the media today, however? Ho, and Bitch are common everyday words. By the way - the word Ho is really the word Whore, they can't even pronounce it right.

Words are an insight into out society. Have we sunken so low?

Or am I just "old fashioned"