About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Military Background

While I will never say anything negative about the Men and Women that wore the uniform, I must register a note of discomfort. It seems that, according to the press, Just putting on the uniform makes one a Military Expert. OK, Eisenhower was a 5 star general - He was involve in strategic and broad based planning, but lets look at some opf the others:

John Kerry - He was a junior officer, he commanded a boat, not a ship, a boat. Assuming that everything that he claims is true, I doubt the admirals ever asked his opinion about military matters.

John McCain - He was a pilot. Granted he earned the respect of every man, woman and child by his bravery. But he was a pilot.

John Murtha - The latest critic of the President, was a Colonel. Granted He did get into more detailed planning than McCain and Kerry, but he never was a General. He Never had that level of decision-making authority.

Me - I was a Sergeant in the Air Force. Now if decisions need to be made about ancient computer equipment, I'm your man, but my military record - even though i DID serve in Southeast Asia, does not make me an expert in military affairs.

We need to look at what they (we?) did AFTER they got out. I'll leave that to you - Google them and find out. You can google me if you wish as well.