About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm a Vietnam Vet, Retired Mainframe Programmer, Retired College Adjunct Teacher, Published Author, Adult Boy Scout Leader, Republican, Jewish, married with two magnificent grown kids.

Opinion, pure and simple

President Bush amazes me. His "simple country boy" demeanor is totally offsetting. I have formed some opinions that I'm gonna share - please feel free to disagree!

WMD - I do not think that WMD was the reason for Iraq. I think that the President saw the developments in the middle east as an opportunity to go in and clean the mess up. Time will judge the results, the process is still going on.

I have this feeling that the president sees the Hurricane in New Orleans as a similar opportunity to clean up government once and for all as well. Note - he has proposed a massive government program with no additional taxes. He said that he could do it by cutting back on unneeded government spending. Perhaps he is going to attack the 50 foot gorilla?

I think the mistake made in the Middle East was that he simply did not go in as strongly as he could have. This president learns from his mistakes. Very Kennedyish? (JFK, not the family embarrassment currently in the Senate). I am curious how he will proceed.

Make no mistake, this President is not simply going to sit by and wait for the polls, he never has and he never will. I am enjoying watching him.